Tuesday, December 07, 2004

"Oh Brad, Brad. Wherefore art thou Brad?"

"But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Helen is the sun."
I've had some top cultural outings in the last week after a long dry spell of not doing much more than going home each evening and knitting in front of the TV - but I want to write up details once I have time to look up further details and composed thoughts on what I've seen and done that are slightly more critically adept than "that was nice / good / interesting / waste of my frickin' time." So: another time but to summarise (and to serve as a reminder to myself): Shunt - Tropicana under London Bridge, installation private view at the Serpentine, Turner Prize and stuff at work.

Okay, I've mentioned fanfiction before on this blog and also explained what a Mary Sue might be... I've got my own series of Christmas Harry Potter Mary Sues courtesy of the beloved Former Flatmate A but then there is this, vanity publishing at its very worst.

You know, you can even star with your lover in Romeo and Juliet and give yourselves a happy ending. If we find ourselves unwrapping five copies of Taxloss and Hypatia - the Happy Ever After Edition on our wedding day, we know where to find you and also how to hurt you.

Speaking of Happy Ever After, we stayed in this weekend (having a break from Cluedo and Monopoly in case we spoil ourselves or file for divorce before we've even made it to the chapel...) and watched Shrek 2 and I, Robot, both thoroughly enjoyable and the most successful joint choice from Blockbuster since... well, ever. Isn't Shrek 2 fantastic? I laughed until my knitting needles jangled in my hands at the scene where Pinocchio has to lie to make his nose grow to reach the incarcerated Shrek, Donkey and Puss in Boots and it is suggested he says "I'm wearing women's underwear" and he says it and nothing happens. The pause is fabulous. As is everything else.

In other news: I've spent all morning hauling boxes into our basement and am feeling like I've been running with weights all day. I'm tired. I mean, really tired. I think the most part of this evening will be spent curled up on the sofa reading Hypatia of Green Gables and replacing dear Gilbert with... suggestions below please...

No comments:

Videos