Tuesday, April 13, 2004

"Dam virgin no more!"
I built my first ever dam on the beach! I had my own spade and my feet got wet and I built channels and created deltas and diverted water away or into specific pools... effing brilliant fun. Now there's only

1)owning a medium size dog and taking it for long walks,
2) climbing a stile correctly,
3) setting fire to something in a field and
4) climbing a tree

to cross off my list of What I Never Managed to Do as a Child Growing Up in the City. I'm quite keen to learn how to identify birdsongs too but I suspect that isn't common to all kids with a semi-rural childhood - or is it? I only learned how to ride a bike when I was 19. I don't know anything about anything.

What a weekend I had with the Taxloss clan in the English Riviera: I had my fill of adorable small children, lovely dogs, second hand books, dam building, strolling about, fossils and chocolate eggs. A truly fabulous time and I'm really not in the mood to sit at my desk prodding keys like a machine in order to update the database.

I wish I was back at the amusing B and B . The cobb. Outside the big house and enjoying the view from the front door. The view from the end of the cobb, looking back on the charming magical place I want to see again.

Dam.

And damn; how long before we go back?

No comments:

Videos