Tuesday, May 02, 2006




"Thank you so much!"
I've just been visited by my lovely Korean girl who did loads of training where I work and who I spent a lot of time with between January and March, taking her through her options as an arts management student in the UK. She came to collect the last of her paperwork that I've been preparing for her to present to her sponsors and for the next lot of training she needs to undertake - she's got offers from three excellent universities for arts management, policy and including an offer from my former post-graduate seat of learning.

She slipped into the office in a lemon yellow cardigan that looked like spring itself, beaming a big smile and looking more relaxed and happy than I've ever seen her...

I gave her the paperwork that may not be part of my usual work remit, but I was happy to do and didn't give much thought to it as it was hardly back-breaking labour. She was so grateful and genuinely impressed by what I had done for her, she gave me a big hug and put a basket of yellow pansies into my hand. I was so moved - and surprised - I almost blubbed into my mug of cold coffee. We made promises to keep in touch, and I hope we do because I think she's a got a very interesting career ahead of her. And I'm certain she'd make a good theatre companion.

Now
that is what a day job should be like.

No comments:

Videos