Tuesday, July 15, 2003

"Who was the first person you ever slept with?"
Apparently it was necessary for the CEO to know in order to set up an account in my name, with this as the security question, to access some sort of website. I am, frankly, suspicious...(if you really want to know, click the link and ask me via email...)

I have moved in with Taxloss - rather than enlist any of my relatives who are surely by now thoroughly sick of helping me move between places, I hired two lovely men and their generously sized van to help me get from A to B. Both men were Indian and conversed with each other in Urdu - then the younger one completely surprised me by asking me where I came from and on hearing I originated from Hong Kong, immediately launched into conversation in perfect Cantonese. I was impressed and then ashamed that I couldn't keep up...

I can't comment on the move overall at the moment as I am at risk of being overwhelmed by the whole thing, though I will take this opportunity to say: it is very pleasant. We have been enjoying dinner on the patio in the cooling evenings ofthe recent hot, hot days. I no longer have to pass through the huddled masses of crack/smack/dope casualties on the way to the Tube station in the mornings. Nobody tries to sell me a used Travelcard at any point of my journey to or from work. All my books have been put away as have my CDs - I've taken this opportunity to re-read and re-listen to stuff I'd forgotten I owned. We've been having strange conversations about splitting the shopping, who will cook and who will wash up most evenings. I wake up and still think I've got to get ready and go back to my old flat to Get Things Done. This is no longer an option. Ah...

In other news, the weather is very hot. Very hot. Very, very, very hot. CEO, as well as shouting out suspiciously intrusive questions across the openplan office, has been stocking up the communal fridge/freezer with ice lollies and fizzy pop and therefore the team overall have been sitting at our respective desks, clutching our heads with woebegone ice cream headaches. Oh, life is *so* hard...

No comments:

Videos