Tuesday, June 29, 2004

"A woman is like a tea bag--only in hot water do you realize how strong she is." - Nancy Reagan (The Observer, 1981)
Good thing that has happened since I last updated this blog: I had tea with Mother and Grandma Taxloss and had a happy afternoon eating homemade chocolate cake and discussing the wedding with these two lovely ladies.

Bad thing that has happened since I last updated this blog: On the same evening I went home and fiddled about with my broadband connection and managed to totally screw my computer. It took my bro most of the next day to sort it out while I sat around the flat in a foul temper. Thanks bro - look! I'm updating my blog! You're a genius - you fixed it!

Good thing that has happened since I last updated this blog: My wireless broadband kit has arrived!

Bad thing that has happened since I last updated this blog: My life has been taken over by this. I'm looking forward to it, but believe me, it has been a hard and tough journey to getting everything done. Anyone who is in the area on Friday night MUST come to see the open air performances - it's a going to be a cracking afternoon. It had better be after all the collective grief it has put us through.

Good thing that has happened since I last updated this blog: I have discovered for myself how fantastic this stuff is. Fizzwhizz was right: nummynummy and I felt virtuous and saintly after having half a pack for lunch today with salad without dressing instead of comfort-eating some sort of bacon and avocado sandwich in fancy-schmancy bread and artery-hardening French mayo.

Bad thing that has happened since I last updated this blog: I have eaten an entire family size bag of onion rings by myself over the last two evenings in front of Eastenders and I am currently dehydrated and have orange fingers. (I can't escape the need to comfort-eat at the moment but once this is all over, I swear I am never going shop at Tesco while starving and miserable and only ten minutes away from my favourite grotty soap opera. I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that I was compensating for missing the episode last week when a helter-skelter fairground twirly slide fell down and crushed several cast members in what I suspect was a series of shoddy special effects. So there.)

Good thing that has happened since I last updated this blog: I'm still going to marry Taxloss. Which is rather nice, actually.

An extra-good thing that has happened since I last updated this blog: I was given this as well as technical support by my bro and am considering a Pingu theme for our big bash (whenever it may happen). Taxloss has already ruled out sending invitations written in invisible ink and has specified that though I may choose my own engagement ring, I cannot have The One Ring ("but they're giving them away at Mordor Saturday morning fruit, veg and antiques market! Half price on all Sauron-era jewellery - it would be a bargain!") so if I can have green penguins at any point, I shall be placated if not happy.

And Former Flatmate B is now Doctor Former Flatmate B, my line manager has a new baby daughter in his family, we're getting a new sofa which is also a handy sofa bed, I have just encountered Flashman in Tom Brown's Schooldays and think him a simply ripping type of bounder and cad and I love him and... well, though I have been doing a lot of complaining recently, I suppose there's really not that much to complain about really.

How are all of you?

No comments:

Videos