"Exploring An Aesthetic of Absence"
I've decided to take a little break from theatre and live art. It won't be a period of total abstinence - I've got a few performances and productions I want to see coming up in the next few weeks - but I'm not going to write about them unless they're particularly fitting for Londonist or it's a commission I particularly want to take on. My critical writing programme finished a week ago and I'm going to rest my pen and frequently over-stimulated mind for a short while.
I've previously offered a list of things you probably don't know about me. Here's another, because it's late on Sunday night and I'm in a musing, rambling mood and putting off going to bed.
1. Sometimes, I pour myself a large glass of red wine after work and find myself unable to finish it. So I add a little Diet Coke and pretend I'm a Madrileno, sipping this sweet and boozy combo in the heart of Spain, where I learned this trick. It tastes like Dr Pepper.
2. I don't pronounce the first half of my surname correctly. It should be a harder, more emphatic Ch- sound for an accurate Cantonese pronounciation but I've always preferred the softer Sh- sound which is a more Mandarin sound. I've always felt a bit uneasy about this but then I read this article and felt a bit better.
3. Every single item of underwear I own is black...
4. ... apart from a certain bra and pants set I wore under my wedding dress which is hot, hot pink with diamante details.
5. I can't do front crawl when I go swimming. I've tried and tried but clearly need proper teaching, or an oxygen tank and water wings to perfect my shoddy technique.